A Step Back in Time
Coldwater Country is rich in history with many beautiful Victorian mansions that make up the many historic districts in the area.
- Start the day with a leisurely breakfast at Stoagie's Restaurant in Coldwater in a restored Victorian home.
- The Coldwater Walking Tour encompasses many of these homes and their histories. There is a 1-mile, a 2-mile and a 5-mile route for you to choose from.
- Make an appointment to tour the beautiful Wing House Museum. An example of 19th century Second Empire architecture. Learn how families worked and thrived in the late 1800’s at this home museum.
- Stop by a 50’s style diner in downtown Coldwater, Jeannie’s Diner offers sandwiches, salads, an oldfashioned soda fountain and is known for their homemade soups and pies.
- Spend the afternoon experience shopping in our walkable Victorian downtown at many unique shops like the women's boutique and gift store Museum Gallery, Kiess Jewelry has a local artist that creates one-of-a-kind pieces for you. Jalisco's Grocery offers authentic Mexican wares. For Middle Eastern flair, grab gifts and special foods at Coldwater’s World Market. Craft Out Loud offers fabrics, yarns, and many crafting supplies.
- In the evening you may want to catch a live performance at the newly restored Tibbits Opera House. Tibbits Opera House is the second oldest theatre in Michigan, having been built in 1882. Rich in history and ambiance, even today the theatre offers theatre goers an exquisitely restored facade, nearly perfect acoustics, an intimate 499-seat setting, and a fine array of performances throughout the year.
- For another full day, spend the day in Allen, Michigan's Antique Capital. This small community offers 5 huge malls full of furniture and gifts from yester-year. The Allen Antique Barn has a 2-story elevator accessible mall. Hog Creek Mall has 23,000 sq. foot of quality antiques and a separate Arts & Crafts area. If you spend 10 minutes in each booth at these large malls, it will take you a day and a half to see everything. Open 7 days 9:00am-5:00pm.
- Enjoy lunch in the middle of the malls at the Outpost Grille Restaurant for great house-made soups, sandwiches and specials.
- End your day with a memorable experience at the Capri Drive-In. Claiming the best buttered popcorn around. This family owned and operated business has been around for over 50 years offering 2-digital H-D projectors for catching the latest released movies.
- Begin your day at the Dutch Uncle Donuts featuring fresh pastries. Their Apple Fritter is the best!
- At the Victorian Depot is home to the Little River Railroad steam train. Ride the rails on this excursion train for a step back in time.
- Before you head home stop by Dickey’s Barbecue Pit for some great tasting BBQ. From Ribs and Brisket to Chicken, sides and more!