First Time Visitors
First-time visitors to Coldwater Country can’t see and do everything, and you shouldn’t try. You can however, get a wonderful introduction to the sights, visit attractions, and make notes for a return visit.
A driving tour of the county will let you:
- Visit the shop Short's Front Porch to pick up Amish made salads and baked good or Michigan Made products. visit the Amish Country Bakery or many of the vegetable stands along the trip.
- Head to downtown Coldwater and grab lunch at one of the locally owned restaurants. If you're looking for house-made soups, salads and pies, stop into Jeannie's Diner or The Goodie Shop for a local diner experience.
- Spend the afternoon experience shopping in our walk-able Victorian downtown at many unique shops like the women's boutique and gift store Museum Gallery, Kiess Jewelry has a local artist that creates one-of-a-kind pieces for you. Jalisco's Grocery offers authentic Mexican wares. For a Middle Eastern flair, grab gifts and special foods at Coldwater’s World Market. There are also 3 other Middle Eastern grocery stores in the area.
- In the evening you may want to catch a live performance at Tibbits Opera House.
- For another full day, spend the day in Allen, Michigan's Antique Capital. This small community offers 5 huge malls full of furniture and gifts from yester-year. The Allen Antique Barn has a 2-story elevator accessible mall. Hog Creek Mall has 23,000 sq. foot of quality antiques and a separate Arts & Crafts area. Allen Antique Mall has many booths for that one-of-a-kind 00treasure. If you spend 10 minutes in each booth at these large malls, it will take you a day and a half to see everything. Open 7 days 9:00am-5:00pm.
- Enjoy lunch in the middle of the malls at the Outpost Grille Restaurant or for local specialty treats.
- End your day with a memorable experience at the Capri Drive-In. Claiming the best buttered popcorn around. This family owned and operated business has been around for over 50 years and installed 2-digital H-D projectors for catching the latest released movies.
- On your third day, the Victorian Depot is home to the Little River Railroad steam train rides. Ride the rails on this excursion train for a step back in time, reservations are recommended.
- Before you head home stop by Los Tequilas, El Ceritos or Loco Taco for good Mexican restaurants.